”We refuse to live in a world where rhinos and elephants no longer exist in the wild”
About Wildhood Foundation
Every day 55 elephants are killed for their tusks.
Wildhood Foundation was founded in 2016 as a reaction to the escalating poaching and illegal trade targeting wild animals in Africa. According to the UN, one million species of animals and plants are threatened with extinction. Never before has nature been under so much pressure as now. And it’s up to our generation to make a difference before its too late. Wildhood’s mission is to enable an effective protection of threatened species and their habitats through combating the illegal wildlife trade. Funds raised go to selected local efforts that defend the wildlife in some of Africa’s most affected areas.
OUR WORK IN BULLETS:
• Raise funds to enable and support hands-on protection of wildlife and nature in Africa
• Raise awareness to increase knowledge about the threats to wildlife and nature
• Influence opinion and legislation through debate and policy work
Rhino horn is the world’s most expensive material worth more than gold on the balck market in Southeast Asia.
• Recruitment and training of female park rangers
• Salaries, uniforms and equipment to keep the rangers operational
• K9-dogs trained to find parts of wild aniamls, weapons or amminution
• Scholarships to school kids in communities sourrounding the wilderness
Since start Wildhood has raised more than 10 million SEK and today contributes to the protection of 1 000 000 hectares of wilderness in South Africa and Zimbabwe. The work deploys 110 women and benefits 242 households with 726 kids in school age. In the areas Wildhood help protect poching have been reduced by up to 80%.
Wildhood is the proof of that a small organization can make a great impact. Since start we’ve raised more than 10 million SEK and today we support the protection of 1 000 000 hectares of wilderness in Africa. Together with our donors and partners we’re fighting for a world where rhinos, lions and elephants exists in the wild for future generations!
Chairman of the board
Wildhood board member
General Secretary Rädda Barnen
Wildhood board member
Wildhood Board Member
Analyst Swedish Police
Wildhood Policy Adviser
PhD Wildlife Conservation
President X Shore
Swedish National Audit Office
Annual Report 2020
Annual Report 2019
Annual Report 2018